Browse Items (35 total)

Pictured is the "New" Town Hall built in 1907 after the old one was destroyed by fire early in 1907. This photo was taken about 1968. Note the "watch tower" on the top of the building. During the war residents took turns sitting up there watching for…

Halifax Congregational Church and the "new" Town Hall with carriage sheds in back, wrought iron fence around Civil War Monument. The new Town Hall was built in 1907 near the site of the First Meeting House.

Trunk Meeting House (1853-1913) The Trunk Meeting House got its name from the ceiling that "rounded like the lid on an old-fashioned steamer trunk." The church was located in South Halifax on the corner of Fuller, Wood and Cedar Streets and burned…

This is Pope's Tavern. Today it is used for the Council on Aging. (2013)

"Pope's Tavern" from the corner of South Street and Plymouth Street. The "outbuildings" have been taken down. Today this building is used for the Council on Aging (2013).
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2