Sears' Court, New Bedford, MA

Sears Court.jpg

Title

Sears' Court, New Bedford, MA

Description

New Bedford, Massachusetts, Sears' Court, as originally named, runs from Purchase to Pleasant Streets, an area formerly called Cheapside. The New Bedford Five Cent Savings Bank occupies the land where this house stood in this photograph circa 1880. At the right, fronting on Purchase Street, was the home of the late Willard Sears. Willard Sears once operated a tannery on the south of Sears' Court.

Source

New Bedford Free Public Library
309:U7Box 03 11 (shelf locator)

Publisher

https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/5t34tk02w

Date

[ca. 1860–1955]

Rights

Rights status not evaluated.
This work is licensed for use under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives License (CC BY-NC-ND).

Format

1 photograph : rotogravure print

Citation

“Sears' Court, New Bedford, MA,” SAILS Digital History Collections, accessed May 20, 2022, https://sailsinc.omeka.net/items/show/3776.