The old schoolhouse from South Halifax was a gift from the J. L. Jones family. It was subsequently moved, converted and became the town's first library. For the first few years, the Post Office shared the building.
Halifax Congregational Church and the "new" Town Hall with carriage sheds in back, wrought iron fence around Civil War Monument. The new Town Hall was built in 1907 near the site of the First Meeting House.
Halifax Congregational Church, with iron fence, carriage sheds and hay scales, circa 1900. The Congregational Church was built in 1852. The fence around the church was designed from a fence in Kingston.