This building was on Furnace Street. It was used as a Box Board Mill for a number years, making boxes for shoe factorys. The boxes would be loaded with shoes & boots and shipped all over the country, even south to the soldiers during the Civil War.
Located on the corner of Furnace and Plymouth Streets, this building was built around 1800; water rights were initially acquired by Deacon Samuel Sturtevant in 1728; a furnace mill which closed in approximately 1845; then became a shoddy and cotton…
Driver leaving Box Mill with load of shoe boxes headed to shoe factories in Brockton, Bridgewater or Middleboro. Workers can be seen in background on loading dock and another wagon waiting to be loaded.
Henry Bosworth's place on Furnace Street, formerly the Cushman home. Henry Bosworth is standing with his wife, Julia A. (Washburn) Bosworth (seated). Third person unknown. Part of the mill complex on Furnace Street.