Church and original Meeting House, prior to 1906. At the time this was considered the center of town. The Civil War Monument and the Halifax Town Hall (original Meeting House) can be seen from the intersection of Plymouth Street and South Street.
Halifax Congregational Church, with iron fence, carriage sheds and hay scales, circa 1900. The Congregational Church was built in 1852. The fence around the church was designed from a fence in Kingston.