Trunk Meeting House (1853-1913) The Trunk Meeting House got its name from the ceiling that "rounded like the lid on an old-fashioned steamer trunk." The church was located in South Halifax on the corner of Fuller, Wood and Cedar Streets and burned…
Halifax Congregational Church, with iron fence, carriage sheds and hay scales, circa 1900. The Congregational Church was built in 1852. The fence around the church was designed from a fence in Kingston.
Halifax Congregational Church and the "new" Town Hall with carriage sheds in back, wrought iron fence around Civil War Monument. The new Town Hall was built in 1907 near the site of the First Meeting House.
Church and original Meeting House, prior to 1906. At the time this was considered the center of town. The Civil War Monument and the Halifax Town Hall (original Meeting House) can be seen from the intersection of Plymouth Street and South Street.