Browse Items (90 total)

Drawing of Dunbar Tavern by Mrs. Clifton (Iola Sturtevant) Taft, 1961

Oil painting of Dunbar's Tavern, West of the Halifax Elementary School as it looked circa 1735. The Tavern was torn down in 1896. The likeness was drawn by Nellie Sturtevant Taft, great, great granddaughter of Deacon Samuel Sturtevant.

Central School was the first centralized school in Halifax, Prior to that, Halifax was a five district one-room schoolhouses to one central school

Black and white photograph of employees of the metal company of G. C. Clark in South Halifax. The company made many signs that were used by the town, some of which are on display at the Museum of Halifax.

Plow demonstration during Old Home Day Fair across the street from Halifax Town Hall. The J. L. Jones estate/Standish Manor can be seen in the background.

Fred Lock's boathouse turned into private residence. This once was the boathouse for J. L. Jones estate. The boathouse is seen in the distance across the West Lake.

The Brockton Store, relocated to South Side of Plymouth Street, next to the Halifax Police Station and is now part of the Halifax Historic Village. This picture show the interior of the main section of the store. The tin ceiling can be seen as well…

In the late1900s, Watson Willett and his sons built the Brockton Store on Plymouth Street. They had a delivery wagon and would take you order in the morning and delivery it to you later in the day. Waston's son Arthur ran the Boston Store on…

The Packard Brothers founded a store on the land directly opposite the Town Hall. Provisions, grain for farmers, the Post Office and weighing scales made up the major part of their business. There is a coach to the right with someone inside and a…

Old Town Hall showing Armory that burnt down in 1907. Three children are in the foreground (two Sergeants' children and Lloyd Morton Thomas.) Far to the right, in front of Town Hall another child.
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2