The Trunk Meeting House, South Halifax, Massachusetts

Dublin Core

Title

The Trunk Meeting House, South Halifax, Massachusetts

Description

Trunk Meeting House (1853-1913) The Trunk Meeting House got its name from the ceiling that "rounded like the lid on an old-fashioned steamer trunk." The church was located in South Halifax on the corner of Fuller, Wood and Cedar Streets and burned down on July 3, 1913. It had been deserted for several years and was in bad need of repair. The bell is now in the possession of the Historical Society.

Date

1853-1913

Subject

Trunk Meeting House (Halifax, Mass.)

Still Image Item Type Metadata

Original Format

Black-and-white photographs

Physical Dimensions

25 cm. x 22 cm..

Files

Citation

“The Trunk Meeting House, South Halifax, Massachusetts,” SAILS Digital History Collections, accessed September 19, 2014, http://sailsinc.omeka.net/items/show/1455.

Social Bookmarking